Skip to content
Check out these helpful grill cleaning tips:
- Remove cooking grates and set them in warm soapy water to soak.
- Fill a small bucket or pan with warm soapy water.
- If it’s a charcoal grill remove the coal grate and brush out the insides.
- If it’s a gas grill, remove briquettes, lava rocks or metal flame shield to expose burner.
- Clean out ash and residue from around burner, careful to make sure the burner is in place when you are done.
- Use a stiff wire brush and a little soapy water to gently scrub the inside surfaces of the grill.
- Remove any particles from grill and reassemble.
- If gas, brush off briquettes or lava rocks or wash metal flame shield in warm soapy water.
- Remove cooking grates from water and brush clean with the wire brush.
- Coat inside surfaces and cooking grates with cooking oil or grill spray.
- Put grates back on the grill.
- Allow the whole grill to air dry.
- Allow an extra five minutes of heating time the next time you grill to make sure any cleaning residue has burned off.